Here is a summary list of what ITIL can do for your organization.
- Improves communication and information flows between Information Technology (IT) and organization business departments.
- Improves ability of IT to adjust as business opportunities and challenges are presented.
- Improves relationship of IT with the business – builds trust.
- Provides a framework for IT to support regulatory challenges.
- Potential to positively affect an organizations profits and share prices
- Improved interaction and functioning within the IT/IS department
- Improved interaction and functioning with the Business and Customer community
- Vocabulary and terms understood by all who have undertaken ITIL education irrespective of industry sector, country or continent which we provide at Ritetrac Consulting
- A documented approach to handling Projects when combined with PMBOK Guide as part of the Professional Project Management Trainings Ritetrac Consulting Offers.
- Global recognition as ITIL is a well known framework
- Increased and improved effectiveness and efficiency of an organization
- Recruited ITIL qualified personnel are potentially able to integrate into another ITIL organization so much easier
- Specific roles can be recruited so much quicker and easily
- Outsourcing companies can be audited against ITIL best practice
- ISO /IEC 20000 provides the confidence for customers and purchasers of an organizations services, on both a country and global basis
- Improved customer satisfaction through a more professional approach to service delivery
- Improved IT services through the use of proven best practice processes
- Improved ROI of IT investments
- Improved delivery of third party services
- Provides a single, definable, repeatable, and scalable documented framework for IT best practices that flows across the IT organization.
- Clearly identifies roles and responsibilities for IT Service Management.
- Supports reducing IT costs and justifying the cost of IT quality.
- Supports ability of IT to measure and improve internal performance and service provisioning.
- Defines IT in terms of services rather than systems.
- Supports improvement of user productivity.
Finally… And now, to my readers – I hope you enjoyed reading our article? Thanks for reading. Before you go, I’d like you to do 3 things for us:
2. Share this article: Help a friend learn more about Project Management from Ritetrac Consulting. Kindly email it to a friend, tweet it, Facebook it, Digg it, Stumble it…
3. Comment: You know I love to see your footprint (comments) to let me know you were here. Please leave me a comment – tell me if you liked or did not like this article. Or what more you will like to read. Again, thanks for reading and I’ll see you on the comments side.