A recent study found out that people now spend an average of 6 hours and 42 minutes online each day. This equates to more than 100 days of online time every year for every Internet user representing more than 27% of the year.
What the above information tells us is that one of the easiest and quickest ways to reach prospective clients for your business is through the internet. All of the activities done to advertise your business to targeted customers through electronic devices and the internet is what is known as Digital Marketing.
WHY DIGITAL MARKETING
- It is Targeted: Unlike traditional media like TV and signboards, you can specifically target the group of people you wish to invite to your business. This is done by age ranges, interests and other parameters
- It is measurable: The reach of traditional marketing can, at best, be estimated. With digital marketing, you get real-time numbers of people viewing your webpage/website, where they are from and the average time they spend checking out your product or service
- It is cheaper: Digital Marketing provides a cheaper option than other marketing considering the extent of reach per cost.
CATEGORIES OF DIGITAL MARKETING
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Google alone processes over 3.5 billion searches per day — and it is only one search website. The process of optimizing your website to “rank” higher in search engine results pages, thereby increasing the amount of organic (or free) traffic your website receives is called Search Engine Optimization. This is done by optimizing your headlines, content and page structure to fit into the search engine’s structure.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM): This refers to ads placed on search engines so that people searching for related items view your ads even when they do not necessarily type in content for which your website is optimized for. There are also options whereby you pay for only the ads that result in a call or a click on your link. This is known as Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Content Marketing: This term connotes the creation of content assets on your page such as blog posts, infographics, and interactive forms. This generates awareness for your brand and drives traffic to your website/webpage, providing leads that can be converted to customers.
- Social Media Marketing: More than half of the time spent online by internet users is spent on social media. This, therefore, represents a significant and important avenue to reaching people. Social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter enable your business to communicate with groups and individuals from across the world.
- Email Marketing: Most people check their emails at least once a day. Many of them have apps synchronized in real-time to receive their emails. Email is often used to share content, discounts, promotions, and events, as well as to direct people toward the business’s website. The mails must be relevant, clear and engaging so that your mail doesn’t get blacklisted.
This doesn’t necessarily represent an exhaustive list but all of the above are quite easy to do, even from the comfort of the room or office. The benefits are immense and measurable.
At Ritetrac Consulting we offer Practical Online Marketing Classes. Start a conversation today with us https://bit.ly/discoverritetrac